Deck Staining in St. Cloud
Helping Your Deck to Outlast Weather & Wear
An outdoor deck that is well-designed is built to endure years of weathering, foot-traffic, heavy weight, and sunlight. However, the right kind of maintenance is key to ensuring that initial designs continue to perform as the deck matures. Staining and refinishing are the primary maintenance projects that most decks require to stay useful, reliable, and beautiful over the long haul.
Our deck staining professionals in St. Cloud provide restaining services for older decks as well as for newer decks that need their first layer of stain.
The Value in Deck Refinishing & Restoration
Professional deck refinishing is key to protecting your deck from the following:
- Weight, Traffic, and Impact: Continual use and foot traffic will damage unprotected wood. Staining adds a barrier between the wood and objects resting on the deck's surface.
- Weather, Humidity, and Moisture:Damage from the effects of moisture is one of the fastest ways a deck can become irreparably damaged. Stains and sealants repel water to protect the wood.
- Sunlight and UV Rays: Fading and discoloration from sunlight is a common issue for decks that can be slowed down with layers of staining. Loss of natural oils from the sun's heat will also lead to splitting and cracking.
- Changing Temperatures: Just like the creaking sounds on a wooden ship, a deck expands and contracts in changing temperatures. This can lead to warping.
- Insects: Wood without a seal is more vulnerable to insects.
Provide the protection your deck needs with deck refinishing in St. Cloud, MN.
Different Types of Wood Stains
Our St. Cloud deck restoration contractors can help you identify the perfect stain for your deck. This decision should take into account the type of wood, the age of your deck, the climate conditions, and exposure of the wood to the elements. We will provide information on what stains and finishes are a good fit for the color and grain of your wood.
Here are the basic categories of wood stain:
- Clear, Transparent, and Wood Tone: If your deck is brand new and has plenty of color, you may want to use this option. These stains will either slightly enhance the color or simply let the color shine through.
- Semi-Transparent: There is pigmentation in these stains. If you would like to change the tone of your wood's color or your wood is fading, these can be the right choice.
- Solids & Semi-Solid: These stains are close to what we think of as "Paint". These can be solid colors that provide more brightness or evenness to your deck. These also tend to provide more protection if your wood is older.
Call us at (320) 300-4349 for information on our deck restoration services in St. Cloud. Free quotes are available.
We reach out to you before we even start so we can ask questions, talk about your design preferences, and discuss your goals for the project.
After meeting with you one-on-one, we will tailor our recommendations to fit your needs so you can make empowered decisions.
Our personalized proposals allow you to pick and choose the areas that are most important to you and where your best investments are made.
When you are comfortable with your free personalized quote, we will coordinate a time to begin the project for you. It’s that easy.