Let Your Personality Choose Your Accent Wall
Choosing interior paint colors can at times be daunting if you don't know where to start. If you have been struggling with where to start, which colors are right for you, or have been trying different color schemes and nothing seems to make sense, take a look at your personality for a little inspiration. Here are five personality traits that can guide your color choices.
1. Classic, classic: Are you someone that wants a timeless look with their generational furniture? Choosing the right colors is key to keep your traditional style while having a modern flare. The right colors will compliment your great grandmother's antique wingback armchair, your shabby chic finished armoire, your hyper modern furniture set, or even your grand piano. When looking to add accent in a classic way, try using the lighter color as the accent and the bold color as the primary. A great combination starts with a main color like Sherwin Williams Armadillo SW9160 and an accent color of Cultured Pearl SW6028. This color palette will allow you to embrace your uniquely classic style.
2. The Holiday Lover: If you are someone that loves every holiday and you're ready to paint, keep reading. The color variants for each holiday are so drastically different. Your walls are a canvas just waiting for the right colors to match all of your holiday decor! The best color palette that goes with any occasion is in the gold family. A beautiful color scheme would be to use the Sherwin Williams color Napery SW6386 as your base color, and your accent color try Restrained Gold SW6129. This color combination compliments Christmas red, St. Patrick's green, and even Easter pastels. This is the perfect combination for the person that's crazy for holidays.
3. The Decor Changer: Are you the person that loves to update their look depending on their mood or the season in their life? Having a neutral color palette for your interior paint is the best way to compliment your frequent decor changes. Both your base and your accent color should be interchangeable based on your preference, meaning you can have more bold, or a more subtle accent depending on the flow of your room. The colors that are best suited for a variety of decor options are Sherwin Williams Perfect Greige SW6073 and Heron Plume SW6070. These are beautifully greige colors that compliment one another exquisitely leaving your space open to any decorating ideas you can dream up.
4. Spring Fever Believer: For that person that wants their space to feel bright, even in gloomy weather, a spring paint makeover might be just what's in store! The need for spring fever makes someone yearn for bold, bright colors and might just be your personality telling you it's time to paint. For that splash of spring in your favorite room, try a base color of Sherwin Williams Abalone Shell SW6050 with a bold accent color of Berry Bush SW6292 and a secondary mild accent color of Whitetail SW7103 for trim and special room features. These colors bring a rosey warm feeling to a room that would cheer anyone out of their winter blues.
5. Missing the Ocean: Colorado is such a fun, energetic place to live. This state has so many landscapes it leaves little to be desired; however, if you are someone who loves the ocean, a landlocked state will leave you wanting more. Adding some nautical flare to your space could help satisfy your need for blue seas and sandy beaches. Using the right interior color palette is a great place to start. As a primary color, Sherwin Williams Steamed Milk SW7554 is a great base. There are two accents that will make this space feel light and breezy. First, Blithe Blue SW9052 is a rich blue for the accent wall. Trim and a second accent color will really bring the room together, El Carmelo SW9106 will do the job. These colors perfectly balance a space and help bring the feel of seabreeze to any region you live.
6. Keep Calm and Paint on: Having the right colors can really make a space feel calm. The key is to keep warm, earthy colors that allow your room to breathe. Lots of plants and simple decor, wood and wicker, burlap and faux leather will make a space feel neutral and easy. A supremely zen wall color is Sherwin Williams Chamomile SW6399 with an accent of SW6404 Grandiose. These colors are very calming and invite a cup of herbal tea and a yoga mat. For someone that needs a place to be able to relax and have a mild energy at the same time, this color scheme is divine.
With any interior painting project, looking to yourself for inspiration is always a good place to start. Sometimes you need some additional guidance, and that's when you want to call a paint professional. The right professional will have the best tools, the best advice, and will take time to get to know you. Fresh Coat Painters of South Platte has a Color Consultant on staff to help steer your decision to match your personality. Call Fresh Coat Painters of South Platte at 970-414-4131. Mention this article and receive a FREE Color Consultation.