Deck Staining in Maple Grove
Restoring Older Decks & Protecting Newer Ones
An outdoor deck can endure a lot of abuse from changing weather conditions and constant use. Regular staining and refinishing is the best way to maximize a deck's lifespan and usefulness. Our deck staining professionals in Maple Grove can help you re-stain an older deck or prepare a brand new deck for its first layer of stain.
Why Invest in Deck Staining, Refinishing, & Restoration
There are many issues that professional deck refinishing can protect your deck from:
- Wear & Tear: The heavy foot traffic that a deck endures will wear down and damage your wood over time. A layer of stain can help add a barrier between the raw wood and heavy objects.
- Weather & Moisture: Water, humidity, and changing weather conditions will lead to irreparable wood rot within a matter of years if not sooner. Stains are designed to repel water and protect your deck from moisture.
- Sun Damage: The harsh rays of natural sunlight will harm a wood deck in several ways. First, a deck will begin to experience discoloration as the wood fades and grays. Furthermore, wood will begin to crack and split as natural oils dry up, which can threaten a deck's integrity.
- Outdoor Air Temperatures: The individual boards of a wooden deck will begin to warp and twist out of shape as they expand and contract.
- Insects: Unprotected wood is prone to insect infestations. Insects will feed on wood that does not have a barrier of protection.
Beautify and protect your deck with our professional deck stainers in Maple Grove. Call (763) 703-1117 today!
Types of Stains
Our Maple Grove deck restoration experts can help you determine what stain will be the best choice based on your preferences. We can advise you on what stains and finishes will provide greater protection and which will best enhance the natural grain and color of your wood.
- Clear & Wood-Tone: If you want to enhance the natural color of your wood, we would recommend this kind of stain.
- Semi-Transparent: These stains have more pigmentation. They are best if you want to change the tone of your deck (gray, blue, brown, red), but still want some of the grain to show through.
- Solids & Semi-Solids: If you want a deck with bright coloration, these are your best choice. These stains obscure wood grain. They often provide the most durability and protection.
- USDA Article on Wood Finishes
Should I Re-Stain My Deck?
If your deck is looking a bit weather-worn or otherwise lackluster, it may be time to revive it with our deck staining services. For the DIY-minded, beware that re-staining your deck is quite the undertaking and not as easy as many homeowners assume. You must be knowledgeable about how to clean and prep your deck for staining, and you’ll want to work with a deck restoration professional who knows how to get the job done quickly and efficiently. Going the DIY route means you could easily damage your deck in many ways, such as re-staining wood that has unknowingly rotted, or staining the deck before it is fully dry. Prior to having your deck stained, it should be inspected to ensure it is in good condition and doesn’t need more extensive restoration work.
When you hire Fresh Coat Painters of Maple Grove, you will enjoy these immediate and long-term benefits:
- Improved aesthetic appeal of your deck, with an updated look and feel
- Increased lifespan of your deck, thanks to the prevention of further weather damage
- More frequent enjoyment of your outdoor living space
- Correction of potential deck safety hazards, such as structural defects
Contact Us for a Free Quote!
Ready to have you deck stained? Contact Fresh Coat Painters of Maple Grove to speak to our deck restoration pros to ensure beautiful, lasting results. We can even re-seal your deck to prevent damage and extend its lifespan.
We reach out to you before we even start so we can ask questions, talk about your design preferences, and discuss your goals for the project.
After meeting with you one-on-one, we will tailor our recommendations to fit your needs so you can make empowered decisions.
Our personalized proposals allow you to pick and choose the areas that are most important to you and where your best investments are made.
When you are comfortable with your free personalized quote, we will coordinate a time to begin the project for you. It’s that easy.