Fence Staining in Lakeway, Texas
Staining, Sealing & Pressure Washing Fences Across Travis County
Wooden fences are used to add privacy, wind protection and aesthetic appeal to homes across Texas. However, exposure to the elements makes wood fences susceptible to damage, warping, and decay.
Our painting professionals at Fresh Coat Painters of Lakeway provide fence staining, sealing, and power washing for both brand new and older fences. We provide fence painting and fence staining depending on whether you would prefer a solid color or highlight the natural grain of the wood. Our professionals will clean, prepare, stain, and seal your fence with premium products that will provide maximum protection for the long haul.
Fence Staining Protects Wood from Damage
Staining a fence provides protection from all kinds of decay and weathering. Sealing the wood on your fence can help prevent:
- Mold Damage
- Mildew & Rotting
- Weathering & Graying
- Splitting from Water Entry
- Wind Damage
The humid weather in Texas can shorten the lifespan of a wood fence if it is not cared for correctly. Applying stain and seal is the best way to ensure that your investment is protected.
The Best Weather for Staining a Fence in Travis County
Similar to staining a wood deck, a fence should be stained in the right weather conditions. There should be no rain in the forecast two days before or after the staining commences. Rainwater can dilute and wash away a stain if it is not allowed to settle for 24 to 48 hours after completion. Humidity should be below 70% to ensure that excess moisture is not trapped in the wood. 70 degrees is usually the ideal temperature, but temperatures below 90 degrees are also acceptable.
The Process of Re-Staining a Fence
If you are looking to restain a fence on your property, there are some basic steps that our Lakeway fence staining experts will take to get the job done right.
- Consultation: The expert will assess the condition of the fence and provide a time estimate with a free quote with costs. You may want to have a color consultation if you have not decided on the stain or paint to use.
- Cleaning: To ensure the stain applies correctly, the fence can be power washed. This will remove dirt and debris and bring out the color and grain.
- Staining: The staining process commences once the surface is prepared. If the fence was power washed, 48 hours may be needed to ensure drying is complete.
- Settling: The stain will need 24 to 48 hours to completely soak into the wood.
For more information about our fence sealing and staining in Lakeway, TX, call (512) 648-4372 today!
We reach out to you before we even start so we can ask questions, talk about your design preferences, and discuss your goals for the project.
After meeting with you one-on-one, we will tailor our recommendations to fit your needs so you can make empowered decisions.
Our personalized proposals allow you to pick and choose the areas that are most important to you and where your best investments are made.
When you are comfortable with your free personalized quote, we will coordinate a time to begin the project for you. It’s that easy.