Charleston Paint Finishes
Various Options for Beautiful Looks
Selecting a particular paint color for a room is only part of what transforms the space. The other piece of the puzzle is choosing the right paint finish. Simply put, the right sheen and paint color can do wonders in completely changing a room’s mood. Our team at Fresh Coat Painters of Charleston, SC can offer samples of specific paint finishes to give you an idea of what the final color will look like.
Types of paint finishes we can provide:
Although choosing a paint finish may seem like an easy process, you have to consider factors, such as wall texture, lighting, and more. Our interior painters have the skill and knowledge to guide you through the selection process and make recommendations based on the space. With our Charleston painters on your side, you’ll get the long-lasting results you’ve always wanted.
Questions About Paint Finishes
What rooms work best for each paint finish?
- Glossy – As an eye-catching sheen, a glossy finish can project a mirror-like image off of a wall. This finish is perfect for bathrooms and interior doors when you’re feeling particularly adventurous.
- Semi-Gloss – Semi-gloss is designed to highlight architectural features and create dimension on trim and millwork. This finish can also give your kitchen cabinets the luxurious look they deserve.
- Satin – When your space needs some definition, satin paint can help. Satin paint is slightly glossy, making it ideal for front interior doors, trim, and shutters.
- Eggshell – An eggshell finish is much more durable than matte or flat finishes and is a popular sheen for hallways and family rooms.
- Flat – Flat finish is ideal for spaces that don’t see much foot traffic, as stains are much harder to remove. Flat paint also works well on ceilings.
- Matte – Like a flat finish, a matte look is nearly sheen-free, and it’s perfect for bedrooms and living rooms.
Are there advantages to using one type of finish over another?
Some paint finishes like glossy and semi-gloss are much easier to clean than flat or matte sheens. And some finishes can add some visual interest to a room. We would love to help you find the right paint finish for your space.
For more information about the specific paints we use and the available finishes, call (843) 631-2384.
We reach out to you before we even start so we can ask questions, talk about your design preferences, and discuss your goals for the project.
After meeting with you one-on-one, we will tailor our recommendations to fit your needs so you can make empowered decisions.
Our personalized proposals allow you to pick and choose the areas that are most important to you and where your best investments are made.
When you are comfortable with your free personalized quote, we will coordinate a time to begin the project for you. It’s that easy.